Jump to navigation Jump to search
Remember that this is only a preview. Your changes have not yet been saved! → Go to editing area
Trope-tan provides examples of the following tropes:
- Carries a BFQ, a Big Frickin' Quill.
- On the belt...
- An Idiot Ball, for stupefying opponents. But carrying it means she often forgets what it's there for. When not holding the ball, she is a devastating chess master.
- An icon of Tropey the Wonder Dog, her beloved pet.
- A gun. A Russian revolver, to be specific.
- A television remote control.
- A video game system, specifically a Game Boy Advance.
- More belts. Which also happen to be Wicks.
- She can also combine these with practically anything for near-infinite results.
- Has blue hair and Mismatched Eyes (an obvious allusion to her sailor ways). Her blue hair and orange top form the old TV Tropes colour scheme.
- Sports a Cute Little Fangs. Sometimes gives her Fang Thpeak.
- Buys her clothes at a rummage sale.
- May also sport a nice lampshade hat.
- Her goggles used to do nothing, but have since been upgraded to see through time. (They also keep people from plucking her eyes out. You never know, after all.)
- The hairstyle is symbolical of the eternal Lumper vs. Splitter wars.
- As drawn, her shirt reveals her navel. She may, at her leisure, contemplate it.
- Wears brown pants, but swears it's because they were the cheapest thing on the rack. Riiiight.
- Has really Nice Shoes. They function as her "other utility" that allows her to grind exceptionally well, run at mach 1000, make long distance phone calls, are completely flame retardant, but mainly used for slapping her enemies with. Oh and they allow her to fly.
- When she's not wearing her nice shoes, she makes sure we know about it.
- Engaged in her life's work, pointing things out.
- Is a Pettanko, but suffers from A-Cup Angst because she's been led to think Buxom Is Better.
- Is So Cool She's Awesome.
- She is Ambidextrous.
- She may be Bisexual, or not.
- Is a Cute Witch, but make no mistake, she's a Cute Bruiser as well, and all-around Little Miss Badass.
- She may seem sarcastic at times, but if you get to know her, you'll find she is a Jerk with a Heart of Gold.
- May or may not have a Slap Slap Kiss romance with that devilish yet sincere fellow known as Tubeelzebub...
- We think TVTropes' Advertisement Server doesn't like her, or at the very least, thinks she needs to clean her teeth, go to a tanning salon, change her hair and/or use some wrinkle cream. He has also called her a Virgin (Records), which she denies. (In fairness, it would explain the source of all her power.) He has also asked her to wear a sexy police outfit — was this the beginning of a love story between Trope-tan and The Advertisement Server, or was he simply inadvertently broadcasting his filthy filthy fantasies?
- Is not a bomb-thrower, but does show a disdain for authority. She believes that the justification for all authority is rooted in the use of force. Her preferred politics are oriented more towards watery tarts dispensing sacred relics. This naturally limits her choices in the voting booth, forcing her to Take a Third Option every time.
- Her mentor was Crystal Dragon Jesus (until he made a Heroic Sacrifice) and died. He did Go Out with a Smile in an Obi-Wan Moment, however.
- He got better, and went on to his own story arc.
- Recently discovered to have some sisters, Separated at Birth. Mysterious Waif-tan is one. Black Magician Girl-tan is another.
- Some people say that she's probably Sailor Trope, too. Everything's a sailor nowadays.
- They probably noticed a strange asterisk on her belt
- That's a remnant from her time as the Ego in a Freudian Trio with Wikipe-tan (Superego) and Uncyclo-tan (Id). They see each other once in a while these days, mostly just for fun and memories.
- Her transformation has her clothes melt away, then Trope-tan is enveloped with film reels. An explosion of text reveals her costume.
- Has also been heard rehearsing a little speech as a Pre-Ass-Kicking One-Liner.
- Her conscience has two sides: Darth-tan and Sugarplum-tan. It's arguable that she has a third side but the rumor has yet to be confirmed. See below for details.
- She is not bad, but not entirely good either. She may or may not have a Super-Powered Evil Side named Gigatrope-tan, AKA The Wiki Witch of the Web. Those who say she does have lost their minds to the Wiki Effect and can no longer think straight.
- Is both Older Than They Think and Newer Than They Think. Something about wibbily-wobbily, or somesuch.
- She also has a fridge that's somehow able to warp reality itself, not that it's a Bad Thing. In fact, it's brilliant.
- She owns Tropey the Wonder Dog, but not the Natterhound, who is kept in an automated doghouse maintained by The Advertisement Server. In retrospect, perhaps that wasn't such a good idea...
- Her favorite dance is the Caramelldansen.
- She might possibly be a Time Lady but she might not;the jury's still out on this one.
- Does, in fact, edit TV Tropes itself. *cough*
- She appeared as an NPC in Season One of The Massive Multi Fandom RPG. Unfortunately, Anonymous did some pretty terrible things to her.Thankfully, it wasn't the real Trope-tan. Another version of her appears in The Stinger to rescue a character from A Fate Worse Than Death.
- She, and several more of her, play a vital role in Season 2. The 666th alternate version of her ran amok. When the actions of Ol' Sixes create a 'secure testing environment' that various heroes and villains from all over fiction are trapped inside, Trope-Tan, her 'sisters' from alternate worlds, and even the forces of Anonymous unite to try and break them out. Eventually, Sixes steals the power of the Troper and becomes The Wiki Witch of the Web. Unlucky for her, that power spirals out of control, and she ends up unable to control herself as she fights the prisoners as Gigatrope-tan. Finally, she is beaten down to a shadow of her old self, and taken into custody by her sisters, where she seems on the road to recovery, both mentally and physically.
- The Trope-Tans are also mentioned offhandedly by Moja at the beginning of A Game of Gods: Taskforce Sifuri as a candidate for a multiversal treasure hunt.
- Her specific Big Bad is The Hivemind Behind Darth Wiki. The Dragon's are all of the Data Vampires, and trolls on the forums, also Wiki Vandals.
- Can kick a lot of ass in a fight, though loses just as often. This results in her getting tied up and gagged, though not for long, because she can always find something to cut herself loose with.
- Of course, she keeps robot doubles around to take the heat sometimes. Also, housework.
- Has a Gender Flipped form known as, you guessed it, Trope-kun.
Trope-tan appears in the following works: