Chaunt about the Characters of Atelier Rorona here!
(Names in parentheses are nicknames given to the characters by Rorona herself.)
Related character sheet(s): Atelier Totori.
Debuting in Atelier Rorona
Rorolina Frixell (Rorona)
Voiced by: Mai Kadowaki (JP), ? (EN)
The protagonist of the game. Rorona is a 17-year-old alchemist-in-training left to oversee the workshop by Astrid. She's cheerful and outgoing, but also quite clumsy, even by her own admission.
- Apologizes a Lot
- The Chew Toy: And to quote Astrid, a pretty durable one.
- Christmas Cake: in Atelier Meruru. Well, she's supposed to be one, should Astrid didn't mess up with Meruru's first recipe.
- Cute Clumsy Girl
- The Ditz
- Baleful Polymorph: turns into her 9-years-old self by accident in Atelier Meruru. She's still useful as ever, though.
- Nice Hat
- The Nicknamer
- Simple Staff
- Shapeshifter Mode Lock: she'll never come back into her proper age in all endings of Atelier Meruru. Yes, even the ones that revolves around her grown up, since she only turns into her 14-years-old self.
- Supreme Chef: She has a real talent for baking pies. One ending even has her become the best pie chef in Arland.
- Trademark Favourite Food: Pie
- Twice Shy: With Sterk, assuming you aim for his flag of course.
- Why Did It Have to Be Ghosts?
- You Remind Me of X: According to Astrid, Rorona reminds her of her deceased mentor.
Cordelia von Feuerbach (Cory)
Voiced by: Eri Kitamura (JP), Wendee Lee (EN)
Rorona's closest friend. She comes from a rich family, but doesn't like it when others bring that fact up.
- Good Old Fisticuffs: Her normal attack, sort of. More like wild arm flailing.
- Hair Decorations
- The Gunslinger: For some special attacks. And finally becomes one for real in Atelier Totori.
- The Napoleon
- Ojou: It's not mentioned often though.
- Quest Giver: her role in Atelier Totori
Lionela Heinze (Liona)
Voiced by: Kei Shindou (JP), Laura Bailey (EN)
A traveling dancer who arrives in Arland with her two cat-like living puppets. She's extremely shy, but still manages to strike up a friendship with Rorona.
- Beware the Nice Ones: According to her puppets, she used to impulsively attack any stranger who tried to talk to her.
- Boobs of Steel: Inverted-she's physically one of the weakest fighters in the game and her best battle skills are devoted to healing.
- Burn the Witch: The reason she can't stay in one place for very long as this tends to be the reaction once people realize she uses magic. Her own parents were a part of the first mob.
- Girlish Pigtails
- Hair Decorations
- Put on a Bus: she never appears again in the sequels aside from a quick mention in Atelier Totori and background cameo in Atelier Meruru's opening.
- Shrinking Violet: Despite being a street performer.
- Split Personality: Her puppets are actually two parts of her personality that she subconsciously gave to her dolls. "They" are aware of it, she is not.
Astrid Zexes (Master)
Voiced by: Atsuko Tanaka (JP)
Rorona's alchemy master. She is quite capable of doing almost anything, but doesn't because she finds most work boring.
- Brilliant but Lazy
- But Now I Must Go: She comes back in her ending, though, complete with declaring herself as Rorona's rival!
- Christmas Cake
- Drowning My Sorrows: Near the end of the game, she starts to drink a lot.
- The Gadfly
- Heavy Sleeper: Well, since she spends most of her time napping...
- Mooching Master: Oh, is she ever. She will not lift a finger if she can get Rorona to do something instead. And if she can bust her chops while she does it, all the better. She's basically an internet troll turned into a game character.
- Mundane Utility: She can bend the laws of physics via alchemy to make... a bathing suit for a ghost. Lampshaded by Rorona, of course.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: congrats Astrid for turning Rorona into a little girl in Atelier Meruru!
- Tall, Dark and Bishoujo
- Trickster Mentor
The secretary at Arland Castle. She's easy-going, and loves to pick on Sterk. She supplies Rorona with requests from the townsfolk.
- Christmas Cake: hoo boy. She's 45 by the end of Atelier Meruru and still doesn't have a husband!
- Dual-Wielding - In Meruru
- Hair Decorations - Her hair clip
- Quest Giver
- Took a Level in Badass - From quest giver in Rorona to this. in Meruru.
A homunculous Astrid makes to assist Rorona. Hom's gender can be selected by the player.
- Artificial Human
- Token Loli
- Elegant Gothic Lolita
- Emotionless Girl: Or boy for that matter. Or is (s)he ?
- Extreme Doormat
"Rorona's and Astrid's orders (requests) are absolute to Hom and it would do anything for them without complaining. Leave it alone without orders and it might throw a tantrum."
- Girlish Pigtails
- Kindhearted Cat Lover
- Nice Hat: Male Hom wears a nice small top hat.
- When She Smiles: Admit it, it's the cutest thing ever.
Iksel Jahnn (Iksy)
Voiced by: Shinnosuke Tachibana (JP), Johnny Yong Bosch (EN)
A chef who works at the Sunrise Cafe. He's usually a courteous young lad, but he becomes Hot-Blooded whenever cooking is involved.
- Chef of Iron
- Does Not Like Spam: He dislikes mushrooms.
- Don't You Dare Pity Me!: If he loses the Cabbage Festival to you.
- Frying Pan of Doom: His weapon of choice.
- Hot-Blooded: It even says in his official game profile.
Sterkenburg Cranach (Sterk)
Voiced by: Jurota Kosugi (JP), Liam O'Brien (EN)
A knight who works at the palace, and is responsible for giving Rorona her assignments. He tries to act serious most of the time because he believes it's how a knight should behave.
- Badass Cape: in this game.
- Badass Longcoat: In Atelier Totori and Atelier Meruru.
- Took a Level in Badass: Seems to get progressively more badass in every installment. Taken up a notch with his finisher.
- BFS: It's still pretty realistic compared to other examples, though.
- Darker and Edgier: Substantially more so in appearance in Atelier Totori.
- Do Not Call Me "Paul": He tends to dislike it when people call him by his name... especially Astrid.
- Fingerless Gloves
- Glowing Eyes of Doom: In his special attack in Atelier Meruru. No, really.
- Knight in Shining Armor: Well, it's what he WANTED to be at least. Turns out knights don't really do so much these days. He does eventually get his chance to play the part.
- Lolicon: some players accused Sterk as this, for the amount of Ship Tease he gets with Rorona and the fact that they're the closest thing to the series' Official Couple.
- Perpetual Frowner: Spend most of the game wearing this expression, which understandably tends to scare Rorona.
- Put on a Bus: An optional one happens after defeating Suni Sterm, in which he will be out of commission for 80 days.
- Sugar and Ice Personality: He comes across as quite cold (something, Esty berates him about), but is a decent guy, who is genuinely concerned about the future of workshop (and Rorona).
- Tall, Dark and Handsome
- Troubled but Cute
- Twice Shy: With Rorona, assuming you aim for his flag of course.
- UST: Poor Sterk. By the end of Atelier Meruru's True Ending, Rorona is never cured and he'll get older and older...and there's no sign he'll going for Astrid or Esty. Of course, the fans just ignore it.
Tantris Tristan Alcock (Tant)
Voiced by: Takayuki Kondou (JP)
A traveling musician that loves to flirt with Rorona.
- The Mole: A very half-hearted one who quickly starts to help Rorona for real.
- Power Fist
- Put on a Bus: he never appears again in the sequels aside from a quick mention in Atelier Totori.
- Sdrawkcab Name: Doesn't even try too hard to hide his real name: Tristan.
- The Power of Rock: Can be used to buff the party.
- "Well Done, Son" Guy: To Meredith. Astrid calls him out on this several times.
Voiced by: Akio Ohtsuka (JP)
A self-proclaimed retiree, who secretly hones his sword skills outside of town. Courteous and honorable to a fault, he tries his hardest to do the right thing.
- Badass: Oh hell yes. He is very much in the running for "biggest badass" in the entire franchise.
- Badass Baritone: He's voiced by Solid Fucking Snake in the Japanese version. The English VA doesn't exactly do a shabby job either.
- Badass Beard
- Badass Cape: In Atelier Meruru
- Badass Grandpa: Also in Meruru.
- Badass Longcoat
- Badass Mustache
- Retired Badass
- Cool Old Guy
- King Incognito
- Sword Cane: His weapon of choice.
Tifana Hildebrand (Ms. Tiffani)
Tifana is the proprietor of the sundries store behind Rorona's workshop.
- Drunk Personality Change
- Hello, Nurse!: Several men, Rorona's father Ryan included, only go into her shop to gaze at her. Their wives aren't too happy about that.
- Widow Woman
- Proper Lady
Hagel Baldness (Pops)
A blacksmith who works next door to Rorona's workshop. Very energetic.
- The Blacksmith
- Do Not Call Me "Paul": He doesn't like being called by his last name due to it's similarity the word "bald".
- Large Ham: And the people in town love him for it.
Pamela Ibis (Pamela)
A ghost that emerges from a possessed teddy bear. She later opens a magical items store.
- Absolute Cleavage: In the event scene where she first appears.
- Cute Ghost Girl
Cole Durer (Cole)
A very young traveling merchant who visits Rorona's shop once per month.
- Adorably Precocious Child
- Meaningful Name: Cole happens to be Arland's main currency, and Cole works a merchant...
- Mr. Vice Guy
- Nice Hat
- Sleeves Are for Wimps
- Wise Beyond Their Years: He looks about twelve, but runs his own business and collects goods in dangerous areas.
Aranya and Horoholo (Ranya and Holo)
Aranya is voiced by: Carrie Savage (EN)
Lionela's puppets. Aranya is polite and strong, while Horoholo is snotty and has a bit of a mean streak.
- Cute Kitten (both)
- Deadpan Snarker: Horoholo
Minister of the kingdom of Arland, and the one who came up with the idea of destroying Rorona's workshop. Tantris is his son.
- Ineffectual Sympathetic Villain: His attempts to sabotage Rorona are all just practical jokes for the most part.
Ryan and Laura Frixell