King of Braves GaoGaiGar/Characters
GaoGaiGar has a lot of characters, that is obvious. This page gives more detailed views of the characters which appear in the original series and GaoGaiGar FINAL and analyses their personalities. This page is currently under construction, any contributions to the character sheet is widely appreciated.
- 1 Characters introduced in King of Braves GaoGaiGar
- 2 Guy Shishioh / Cyborg Guy / Evoluder Guy
- 3 Mamoru Amami / Latio
- 4 Ikumi Kaidou / Arma
- 5 Koutaro Taiga
- 6 Mikoto Utsugi / Zonuda
- 7 Leo Shishioh
- 8 Geki Hyuuma
- 9 Swan White
- 10 Kousuke Entouji
- 11 Kazuo Ushiyama
- 12 Isamu and Ai Amami
- 13 Hana Hatsuno
- 14 Sueo "Usshii" Ushiyama
- 15 Sunou Takayasu
- 16 Reiko Komori
- 17 Liger Shishioh
- 18 Stallion White
- 19 Galeon
- 20 HyoRyu & EnRyu / ChouRyuJin
- 21 Volfogg
- 22 Mic Sounders the 13th
- 23 Goldy Marg
- 24 FuuRyu & RaiRyu / GekiRyuJin
- 25 Pasder (EI-01)
- 26 Pizza / Soldato J No. 002
- 27 Pinchernone (pronounced Penchinon) / Tomoro-117
- 28 Primada
- 29 Polonaise
- 30 Pagliaccio
- 31 The Z-Master
- 32 Characters introduced in King of Braves GaoGaiGar FINAL
Characters introduced in King of Braves GaoGaiGar
Guy Shishioh / Cyborg Guy / Evoluder Guy
The main protagonist in the series, Guy willingly agreed to be turned into a cyborg after the El-01 incident, after which his body was severely injured. Because of his new cyborg body, he is stronger, faster and more durable than any human, which is why he considers it his responsibility to use his enhanced body to protect humanity with the rest of the GGG. In battle, he can do a fusion with Galeon to form the Super Robot GaiGar, which in turn can do another fusion called the Final Fusion, forming the titular mecha GaoGaiGar. When on foot, Guy has several abilities which he can use to fight enemies hand-to-hand, including his Will Knife and Hyper Mode, the latter which can be activated for two minutes at a time to make Guy even stronger and faster during the timeframe.
Tropes associated with Guy include:
- Awesome McCoolname - His name translates into "triumphant lion king."
- Big Brother Instinct: Go ahead, hurt or threaten Mamoru in his presence. See what happens. Him pulling out his Will Knife and cutting you to ribbons is a BEST case scenario. Worst case scenario? GOLDIOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNN CRUUUUUUUSHEEEEEEERRRRRRR!!!!
- Boring Invincible Hero - Subverted on several occasions.
- Can't Have Sex Ever - Until Episode 50, at least.
- Cyborg - If it wasn't obvious from his name.
- Drop the Hammer - Goldion Hammer, and in FINAL, Goldion Crusher
- Fiery Redhead
- The Hero
- Hot-Blooded - To the core
- Large Ham
- Lightning Bruiser: He is this in the Super Robot Wars series. Protect Shade/Wall (and later Genesic Armor) let him handle armies of mooks, no trouble. Genesic Aura, Guy's stats, and the base power of Hell and Heaven/Goldion Hammer/Goldion Crusher let him deal tens of thousands of damage unaided. Brave and GaoFighGar/Genesic GaoGaiGar's stats let him dodge at percents that are poor for a Real Robot Genre, but ridiculous for a Super. Truly he is the Destruction God.
- Nobuyuki Hiyama - Japanese voice actor, and his most famous and iconic role
- Prepare to Die: A rare hero example after he got Genesic GaoGaiGar.
Guy: You 11 Sol Masters. I...Will...Destroy...ALL OF YOU!!!
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: His first act of business after obtaining Genesic GaoGaiGar.
- Technopath: After becoming an Evoluder.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Given to Palparepa during the climax of their last battle in FINAL.
Guy: The reason you tried to seal off GGG...! The reason you couldn't come close to the G-Crystal...! The reason you isolated GaoFighGar...! The reason you didn't come to directly attack our Earth...! It's all because you feared us! The G-Stone's power can only grow and surpass the power of the Loud G-Stone! This is the energy BORN FROM COURAGE!!
Mamoru Amami / Latio
A young elementary school boy who after the emergence of El-02 and the following Zonder attacks finds himself discovering hidden powers, involving purification of Zonder cores. Unknown to him, he was found aboard Galeon several years before by his adoptive parents, and got taken in as their child. It is later on revealed that he is actually Latio, the biological son of Cain, a biological weapon designed to defeat the Zonders, and the Primevals.
Tropes associated with Mamoru include:
- Catch Phrase: "Wahha~!"
- Kid Hero: He's nine years old when the series start.
- Hair Colors: He is usually brown-haired, but his hair turns green when his powers activate.
- Happily Adopted
- Holy Hand Grenade: Although his purification abilities are mainly used to revert Zonderised humans to normal, they can be used as a weapon, as seen in FINAL when he vaporised Pei Le Cain.
- Human Alien
- Moses in the Bulrushes
- Puppy Love: There are tons of official material suggesting a love relationship between him and Hana.
- Suggesting? Hana wearing a wedding dress at the end of episode 49 and kissing Mamoru before he left Earth is as official as it gets.
- Rogue Protagonist: In FINAL, although it turns out to be a subversion since it was actually an Evil Counterpart, and the real Mamoru was far, far away from Earth at the time.
- Took a Level in Badass: In spades
- Veronica Taylor: English voice actress
- The Woobie: after The Reveal in the TV series, Mamoru wasn't sure of his powers as he was earlier in the show, especially since Mamoru was unable to help out his friends for a time because he was unable to detect Primevals nor purify Zonder Crystals. once The Reveal happens Mamoru has problems coming to grips with not being a real human boy. but after a Crowning Moment of Heartwarming first with his parents, both with accepting him to go off and do what he needs to do and explaining his Meaningful Name, and another when Hana accepts him for what he is, things get somewhat better for him...until FINAL. where after failing to reason with the 11 Planetary Lords of Sol, he had to prepare Galeon and the G-Crystal for 3G to defeat the Sol Lords, he also needed to keep the Pas-Q Machine out of their hands, Mamoru created a replicant of himself so he could get the Q-Parts to earth, and also evade capture from the Sol Lords, both Soldat J and his replicant copy were captured. especially gut-wrenching is his replicant was chained up and given a Psycho Serum by Palparepa who then goes to retrieve the Q-Parts on earth, attacking Orbit Base and killing Pappilon in the process. this leads to Replicant Mamoru fusing with Replicant Galeon and making the older Star GaoGaiGar to fight Guy in Gao Figh Gar. and later, Mamoru must fight his own father, Cain, whom he vaporises after finding out Pei la Cain was just a copy in the restoration program. then we get to the ending with Mamoru and Kaidou are sent back via THE POWER and the last ES Missiles back down to planet earth, while Guy and the rest of 3G are stranded in subspace.
Ikumi Kaidou / Arma
A classmate of Mamoru's who is silent and always seems distant. He does not play a significant role for most of the series but seems to recognise Pizza whenever he appears. As it turns out, Kaidou is in fact an Arma unit from the Red Planet in the Trinary Solar System. The ruler of the Red Planet, Abel, decided that Cain of the Green Planet had the right idea and created an entire army of Soldato J cyborgs along with J-Arks and Armas based on the power of the J-Jewel and genetic data from Latio. Unfortunately they still failed and the Red Planet was Zonderised, but Soldato J No. 002 was able to send his Arma and J-Ark away before the final battle. He landed on Earth where he was found and adopted by a human woman.
After Pasder appears, Kaidou's memories of his origin and purpose are restored and he sets to work fulfilling the mission entrusted to him by purifying first Soldato J and then Tomoro-117 in order to reactivate the J-Ark and bring it back to fighting strength.
Tropes associated with Kaidou include:
- Artificial Human
- It's Not You, It's My Enemies: A more familial version. Arma avoided becoming too attached to his human classmates and family in order to avoid hurting any of them when he was gone, and to avoid leaving any openings that enemies could exploit. It didn't work.
- Meaningful Name: Arma is Italian for "weapon".
- Override Command: Palus Abel used him to shut down Soldato J's J-Jewel.
- Psychic Powers: The first hint that there's something not quite right about Kaidou is when he starts throwing telekinetic blasts around.
- The Woobie: He shares this status with Mamoru, due in part to FINAL's Bittersweet Ending, but there are other examples too. Most notably in FINAL, Kaidou was captured by Palus Abel, whom used him as a power source for Pia Decem Pit. not only was he used to send an Override Command to Soldat J's J-Jewel, but in a twisted strategy by Palus Abel, whenever King J-Der does damage to Pia Decem Pit, the damage will be inflicted directly upon Arma/Kaidou. his cries of pain are very gut-wrenching. but after a while, J says "Arma is a Warrior as well! He won't long survive me if we're defeated!"
The leader of GutsyGeoidGuard and later, GutsyGalaxyGuard, Taiga is an idealistic individual who authorizes all of the organisation's operations, including deployment of the robots of the organisation and the approvals for the use of Final Fusion and Goldion Hammer, amongst several other weapons used by GaoGaiGar.
Tropes associated with Taiga include:
- Badass Normal - Especially after an episode in which he fought off possessed employees with a golf club.
- Big Good
- DAN GREEN!
- Hot-Blooded - Even for a guy who mostly hangs out in the Main Order Room, he manages to pull this off well
- Hotblooded Sideburns
- Large Ham - Almost every single order is done in the most epic way possible.
Mikoto Utsugi / Zonuda
Guy's High School Sweetheart (Though she Could Not Spit It Out at the time). As if nearly losing Guy in the EI-01 incident wasn't bad enough, it also landed on her house, killing both her parents. Nonetheless, she has remained loyally at Guy's side through his reconstruction and rehabilitation, and continues to work by his side in the GGG Main Order Room.
After the defeat of Z-Master, it's discovered that when Mikoto's house was invaded by EI-01, it implanted her with the seed of a new type of Zonder, the Zonuda, with the power to sublimate technology and absorb energy.
- Brainwashed and Crazy - when she turns into Zonuda, this is what happens.
- Godiva Hair: towards the end of Final, where the Fanservice gets cranked Up to Eleven.
- Girlish Pigtails
- Heroes Want Redheads
- Manchurian Agent
- Mission Control
- What Do You Mean It's Not Awesome?: Her unlocking the Final Fusion and Goldion Hammer's safety locks.
GGG's top science officer and Guy's Father.
- A Glass in the Hand: A Running Gag involves him crushing his communicators. (He actually carries several in his vest.)
- Manly Gay: Looks the part, but his sexual orientation is never even remotely hinted at.
- Hot-Blooded: Perhaps even rivaling Guy's. However, he's also 3G's mission planner and keeps a cool analytical mind in this capacity.
- The Big Guy: Barring Guy and perhaps Mamoru, he is the only major human(oid) member of 3G that does any form of direct fighting (and trained Hyoryu and Enryu as well). Justified, in that he has a a military background and 3G seems to consist of mostly civilians.
- When we last see him in FINAL, he's in space, and has prepared for it by wearing a helmet. Only the helmet. Aside from that, he's dressed normally and flexing his bare muscles in the vacuum of space.
- The Strategist: Hyuuma's official position in 3G is "mission strategist", not "Muscles McMuscles".
- Christmas Cake: Her age isn't given, but she considers the 20-year-old Guy as too young to go after.
- Dumb Blonde: Subverted, she is actually rather competent and is officially Dr. Leo's assistant.
- Foreign Fanservice: She is a very good looking woman, but her Engrish gets to incredible levels at times.
- Mission Control: Notably fills in for Mikoto in episode 18, doing the Final Fusion sequence in her place.
GGG Intelligence Operator and computer programmer. Slovenly but kind-hearted.
- Genius Slob: His only really negative character trait. The guy's lack of hygiene is pretty noticeable.
- Heterosexual Life Partners: Tends to act this way towards Volfogg. It's thought that he was friends with the dead agent Volfogg's Super AI was based on - this explains why Volfogg's death against Penchinon hits him so hard.
- Improbably High IQ: Officially 300. Although it seems his father programmed Bay Tower Base's main systems, Kousuke did everything else. Alone.
- Mission Control: Although he generally only communicates directly with Volfogg (who belongs to GGG Intel and is, at least technically, a subordinate).
- Ugly Guy Hot Girl - Just how did he get Papillon?
- Workaholic: to the point that he sleeps better in the base than at home.
GGG's Mechanic Operator, and is in charge of repairs and maintenance. Tends to be more of a background character than the other main GGG characters.
- Mission Control: To the point where if he leaves the base, it's because he's not working, or someone dragged him.
- And then he goes and drives Drill Gao into battle.
- Stout Strength: Aversion - he's big and a bit wide, but is of average strength and health. (Hyuuma frequently tells him to work out more, in fact.)
Isamu and Ai Amami
Mamoru's adoptive parents. Isamu works at the Aerospace Corporation (GGG's front) while Ai is a stay-at-home mother. They tend to fret a bit when Mamoru might be in trouble.
- Good Parents: Basically, they're the Japanese Kents: they lovingly raised a boy from another world as their own, who'd later become the savior of mankind. Hell, they even named him Mamoru, which means "to protect", it's obvious they were raising him to be a good boy.
- Muggle Foster Parents: And, as far as Mamoru is concerned, they are his parents.
Mamoru's classmate who has a long-standing (mutual!) crush on him. Tends to get caught up in Zonder Robo attacks more times than is probably healthy.
- Dog Walks You: Played as a Running Gag. Justified by Yosef being at least twice Hana's size. She has better luck with Yosef's puppies in FINAL - but there's a whole pack of them!
- Puppy Love: Hana and Mamoru have a Childhood Marriage Promise dating back to when they lived in Hokkaido (4 years before the series started). They make good on it in the last episode.
- Weirdness Magnet: At times, it's like the Zonders have their eye on her rather than Mamoru.
- You Gotta Have Pink Hair: Her parents have normal hair colors, too.
Sueo "Usshii" Ushiyama
Another classmate of Mamoru and the youngest brother of Kazuo.
- The Big Guy: subversion - while he's definitely the largest of Mamoru's friends, his defining trait is his interest in military mechanics (some of which are leaked from his older brother...) and that he's probably not as strong as Reiko.
Another of Mamoru's classmates. Comes from a fairly rich family, and has a habit of trying to impress his friends with gadgets and tales of family trips.
Somewhat stuck-up classmate of Mamoru and Hana. Her family is even richer than the Sunous, and she takes great delight in one-upping Sunou or otherwise deflating him whenever he starts bragging.
- Alpha Bitch: Just a little bit, and usually directed at Sunou.
- Don't You Dare Pity Me!: We find out in a CD Drama that her father is dead and her family is broke - there's a throwaway line in episode 26 that refers to this, and that may be her cheap apartment that she's in front of in her first FINAL appearance. She hides this from her friends but acts 'rich' for seemingly this trope.
- The Nicknamer / Fun with Acronyms: Comes up with acronyms for just about anybody. Especially attractive males.
- Pint-Sized Powerhouse: Hoists up Hana, Usshii, and Takayasu at once as they evacuate Tokyo before EI-01 appears.
Scientist at NASA and brother to Leo.
Operative for GGG America and brother of Swan.
An extraterrestrial robotic lion who saved Guy's life following his encounter with EI-01 and brought Mamoru to his foster parents. Galeon was originally created by Cain as an 'anti-program' to counteract the 11 Sol Masters, but was reprogrammed and tasked with protecting Cain's son Latio (Mamoru), following the mechanization of the Green Planet.
Galeon is able to fuse with Guy to form the mechanoid GaiGar, and form the titular GaoGaiGar through Final Fusion with the Gao Machines. In FINAL, with it's original program restored, Galeon is able to combine with Evoluder Guy and the Genesic Machines to form the God of Destruction, Genesic GaoGaiGar.
- Animal Mecha
- Black Box: On Galeon's back, containing information about G-Stone based technology, used as the basis for most of the robots in the cast.
- Combining Mecha
- Noisy Nature
- Only Known by Their Nickname: The Amamis refer to Galeon as the "North Pole Lion", due to the circumstances under which they first met him (it wouldn't be surprising if the rest of the world did until GGG went public).
- Papa Wolf: If Galeon senses that Mamoru is in trouble, he'll go help him. And actually hurting him will result in general rage. Kill him, and no god can help you.
- Transforming Mecha
HyoRyu & EnRyu / ChouRyuJin
HyoRyu and EnRyu are a pair of highly-advanced AI's developed by GGG, and installed in a pair of Transforming bodies; a Crane and Firetruck respectively. When the two brothers' sympa-rates reach 100%, they are both able to combine their bodies via Symmetrical Docking and merge into ChoRyuJin.
- An Ice Person: HyoRyu's weapons.
- Attack Reflector / Catch and Return: EnRyu's Mirror Shield.
- Chest Blaster Chest Thriller/Warmer
- Also, SUPERNOVA!!
- Combining Mecha: "Symmetrical Docking!" Note that ChouRyuJin's personality seems to be HyoRyu's expression (relatively polite) with EnRyu's thinking ("I'm going to stop that meteorite WITH MA CHEST!").
- Did One Of Them Just Defeat The Emperor Of Darkness With A Fire Hose? (One of the Super Robot Wars Alpha 2 4 koma)
- Heroic Sacrifice: ChouRyuJin's primary objective is saving lives - if his life is all it takes to save a few lives, he'll deflect meteorites with his body.
- Historical In-Joke: ChouRyuJin killed the dinosaurs!
- Hot-Blooded: EnRyu is, but HyoRyu's closer to The Stoic. (They have a scene where they, twin robots that literally grew up together, argue about this in regard to which one of them is better suited to protecting Mamoru.)
- Playing with Fire: EnRyu's weapons.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni - HyoRyu being the blue one and EnRyu being the red one.
- Running Gag: EnRyu never seems to be able to land properly. Eventually he just rolls with it, ultimately getting so good at it that he can catch a falling Eiffel tower lift while landing.
- The Slow Path: How they come back from one Heroic Sacrifice
- Taking You with Me: SUPERNOVA's very powerful, but it requires the brothers to turn their Chest Blasters to "infinite" at point-blank range, forcing a win through temperature shock. But they don't walk away from it...
An AI Robot developed for GGG intelligence and assigned to protect Mamoru in battle. Can combine with the vehicles GunGrue and GunDober to form Big Volfogg.
- Back from the Dead: Volfogg's AI is based off of an intelligence agent who was killed before the start of the series.
- Combining Mecha: Big Volfogg, who is much more suited to direct combat.
- Helicopter Blender: Big Volfogg's Murasame Sword. Justified, as it's purpose-made and he's coating them with Mirror Particles during use - enough that it can double as a shield in a pinch.
- Katsuyuki Konishi: His seiyuu (it was his first role). It's kinda hard to see him playing such a stoic character in retrospect.
- Ninja - Justified, as he actually belongs to GGG's intelligence department and was designed around intelligence gathering and recon. (In practice, Volfogg is closer to Real Life ninja while Big Volfogg resembles a fictional one.)
- Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot - Almost literally even, since he is a ninja police robot (and comes back from the dead a couple of times...).
- The Stoic
Mic Sounders the 13th
A robot developed by GGG America (NASA). Appears to be little more than a gigantic toy robot at first, but there's More Than Meets The Eye to him (sorry).
- Lethal Joke Character - Contrary to show tradition, he is introduced as pretty goofy and completely harmless (his Cosmo Robo form), but he gets his own first Crowning Moment of Awesome by the next episode after his first System Change (into his Boom Robo form).
- Justified by his Boom Robo form being so powerful - his Cosmo Robo form is a Power Limiter.
- Cosmo Robo isn't completely useless - he can fly and hover in midair, and is able to ferry people to and from Orbit Base. In battle, though, the Pliers are more effective.
- Make Me Wanna Shout - His moveset. Without using special disks (stored in his flying platform "Studio 7" and inserted into the disk player in his chest), he can manipulate sound to have physical effects. With disks, he can do things like shatter objects by manipulating their specific frequencies - up to and including the Earth.
- The Power of Rock / Musical Assassin - Plenty of both, since he can both use his music to empower the heroes or weaken the enemy.
- There's a scene, just before GGG leaves for Jupiter, where he's playing in a concert for the Orbit Base staff.
Part of a system designed to protect Gao Gai Gar from the effects of the Goldion Hammer. Goldy Marg was built to carry the Hammer, which is incorporated into his construction, into battle. As he's built specifically to withstand the power of the Goldion Hammer, Goldymarg is the toughest and strongest of the GGG robots. Given the short time of his creation, his AI was based on Geki Hyuuma rather than being developed from scratch like the others.
- The Big Guy: Has no weapons other than his fists and his nigh-indestructible body in mechanoid form. Knows how to use them. Only King J-Der is physically stronger than he is.
- Boisterous Bruiser
- Drop the Hammer: Hell, he is the Hammer!
- Genius Bruiser: It doesn't come up much (Goldy's very much aware that he's the Finishing Move), but he IS based on GGG's mission planner. He does exactly the right thing when the 31 Primevals attack Orbit Base, for example.
- Hot-Blooded: Well, his personality IS based on Geki Hyuuma, so...
- Swiss Army Weapon: The handle of the Goldion Hammer is the barrel of his tank form's gun. The tires of his tank form produce (Mirror particle?) 'nails' in hand form.
- Tank Goodness: His vehicle form is that of a tank.
FuuRyu & RaiRyu / GekiRyuJin
Brother machines to HyoRyu and EnRyu developed by GGG China (Chinese Scientific Aeronautics Division). Their vehicle forms are a Cement Mixer and Dump Truck respectively. When enhanced by , they can do a cross-Symmetrical Dock with their brothers to form GenRyuJin [HyoRyu/RaiRyu and GouRyuJin FuuRyu/EnRyu.
- Arm Cannon: FuuRyu's mixer barrel cover's GekiRyuJin (and GouRyuJin)'s arm.
- Blow You Away: FuuRyu
- Combining Mecha: Although unlike ChoRyuJin, GekiRyuJin seems to have FuuRyu's thinking with RaiRyu's expression - he has a cool head, but is a little rude.
- Hot Wings: Shan Tou Long / Maximum Tou Long
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: FuuRyu's the blue oni, RaiRyu's the red oni.
- Running Gag: EnRyu's problem carries over to RaiRyu.
- Shock and Awe: RaiRyu
- Sky Surfing: RaiRyu rides his dumper to fly.
- which is ironic considering he's shown to just as incompetent as Enryu at landing.
- Taking You with Me: Apparently, GekiRyuJin's been carrying around a powerful self-destruct device in his left shoulder. He uses this, in a Shout-Out to Getter Robo, to destroy Pechulron in FINAL.
- Wind Is Green: FuuRyu, natch.
The original Extraterrestrial Intelligence that landed on Earth at the beginning of the show, hence its designation. Pasder spends the next two years regaining his strength before finally reawakening and summoning four Machine Kings to begin the process of slowly Zonderising the entire planet. As soon as he finds out that Ghaleon is awake, he orders all four to hunt down and destroy the "Legacy of Cain" (No, not that one) but is ultimately defeated by our heroes with a liberal application of hammer to the face.
But here's the kicker - it turns out Pasder is hardly the most powerful opponent GGG has to fight. In fact, he was just a mouthpiece for the 31 Primevals and is later absorbed into the other mouthpiece, Pagliaccio, giving them full knowledge of GGG's fighting strength and tactics.
- Big Bad: Of the first half of the series.
- Disk One Final Boss
- Evil Sounds Deep
- Nightmare Fuel: His face is constantly moving and there are things writhing in the background as he speaks. His mouth doesn't seem to move in sync with what he's saying. There's that constant seizure-inducing flashing thing going on. It's just...creepy.
- Orcus on His Throne: Doesn't personally take direct action against the GGG, until episode 30.
- Tokyo Tower: After absorbing a large amount of machines, Pasder disappears to hide under Tokyo Tower for 2 years.
- Villain Team-Up (With the Meganoids in Alpha 2)
Pizza / Soldato J No. 002
The most aggressive and warlike of the four Machine Kings. His martial pride causes him to clash with Guy at several points throughout the series and eventually causes him to remember details of his past. Pizza was originally one of the cyborg soldiers of the Red Planet, in the Trinary Solar System, who fought against the 31 Primevals but was forced to flee into the wastelands where he was found by Pinchernone and turned into a Zonderian. After remembering his old principles and pride he sacrifices himself to save Guy, and is eventually purified and resurrected as Soldato J.
- Big Damn Heroes - Just when GaoGaiGar is on its knees and about to be torn limb from limb by three of the Primevals, the J-Ark shows up out of nowhere and blasts two of them to smithereens in the space of about a minute.
- Cool Mask
- Cool Plane - His victims usually employ a sky motif while he himself uses one in the final clash between 3G and the zonderians in Tokyo city.
- Cool Starship - J-Bird and J-Ark
- Crowning Music of Awesome - Beautiful Wings of Light, a theme commonly associated with him when in fact it's the theme of the J-Ark.
- The Dragon
- Expy - Of Cyborg 002.
- Fallen Hero - For the first half, but he eventually manages to pull himself back up.
- Heel Face Turn - Noticable since he did his Heel Face Turn before being purified by Arma.
- One-Letter Name: Trope discussed in Super Robot Wars W
Mamoru: You're Pizza of the Four Machine Kings!
Soldato-J: That was a false name! The man named Pizza is dead! I am J. Reborn by the J-jewel as Soldato-J!
Pinchernone (pronounced Penchinon) / Tomoro-117
The insidious and calculating member of the Machine Kings, Pinchernone is best known for his sailor uniform/MonsterClown outfit and his downright creepy laugh. He serves as another foil for Pizza, whom he works most often with, and the two could almost be considered friends, if machine lifeforms can have friends. Pinchernone also develops a rivalry of sorts with Volfogg. Later it is revealed that he was once Tomoro-117, the main computer of the J-Ark, which was zonderised during the 31 Primevals' invasion of the Red Planet, forcing J to fight on foot. Unable to defeat the Arm Primeval, J fled into the wastelands where he was found by Pinchernone and became the Machine King Pizza.
As Tomoro-117 he is very precise, efficient, and unflinchingly loyal to both J and Arma, and proves to be instrumental in defeating the Z-Master. In FINAL, he uses the last of the J-Ark's ES-Missiles to allow Genesic GaoGaiGar to reach the PasQ Machine and destroy the replica of the Trinary Solar System.
- A.I. Is a Crapshoot - He IS a zonderized computer, after all. He gets better after purification, though.
- The Brute
- Cool Boat - His victims usually have some kind of naval motif, and his zonderian form is that of a huge ship. Same goes for the J-Ark too, since his purified form is it's main computer.
- Evil Laugh - BRRREEEEEEEEE!
- Heel Face Turn - Like Soldat J, he gets purified by Arma
- Cool Starship - he becomes the main computer for one after his purification.
- Memetic Mutation - Again, BREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
- Nightmare Fuel at least before his purification
The most outgoing and playful of the four Machine Kings. Primada usually appears as a ballerina with clothes made of car parts, and is almost always dancing in her on-screen appearances. As part of Pasder's final plan, she and Polonaise form a gigantic energy generator to power the Zonder Metal Plant. She is killed by exposure to the G-Stone energies from ChoRyuJin's exposed GS Ride. It's vaguely hinted that Primada and Polonaise were married before they became Zonderians. Interestingly, many Zonderians resembling Primada can be seen in the background during the flashback of the Red Planet being Zonderised.
- Cool Car / Cool Bike - She employs a road motif with her zonderised victims, who usually take the form of such vehicles.
- The Dark Chick
- Turned An Ascended Fanboy Into A Zonder Robo (In one of the Super Robot Wars Alpha 2 4koma, she turned Ryusei Date into a Zonder Robo. Part of the joke is because Ryusei didn't make it into the cast of Alpha 2.)
Often taking the human form of a silent old train conductor, Polonaise is the most unassuming of the four Machine Kings. As part of Pasder's final plan, he and Primada form a gigantic energy generator to power the Zonder Metal Plant. He is killed when GaoGaiGar injures him severely, followed by his purification by Mamoru.
A seemingly robotic clown who gives orders to the 31 Primevals. Pagliaccio is actually a "terminal program" created by the most powerful of them all, the Heart Primeval, in order to gather intelligence on Earth and direct the actions of the others. It is seen absorbing Pasder at the conclusion of the battle and eventually starts analyzing THE POWER so that the Primevals can take it for themselves.
The combined form of the 31 Primevals and the master program controlling every Zonder Metal and Zonder lifeform in the universe (except the Zonuda). It was originally created by the Purple Planet to eliminate stress and negativity. However, it decided that the best way to do so would be to absorb all life into itself. Not only does it have full knowledge of GGG's tactics and capabilities thanks to the efforts of the Primevals, but it is able to attach itself to Jupiter and drain , making it all but invincible.
Characters introduced in King of Braves GaoGaiGar FINAL
Renais Cardiff Shishioh
The daughter of Liger Shishioh (making her Guy's cousin) and a rogue agent of the high-tech criminal organizatin BioNet. When she was young, her mother was murdered by BioNet agents, and Renais was forcibly turned into a cyborg and made into one of their agents. She didn't take it so well, and turned on her captors. She was restrained and left in a BioNet facility to die until she was discovered and rescued by her Father. Liger was able to repair her though the use of a GS Ride added to her systems, but could not solve a critical flaw in her construction: a severe overheating that requires her to wear a cooling jacket. In order to get revenge for the death of her mother, Renais joined GGG France (Chasseur).
- Action Girl
- Battle Couple: With J, eventually
- Gratuitous French
- Hot Amazon: Literally.
- Phlebotinum Rebel: Didn't work out so well for her for a while.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Renais/Renee/Rune/Lune Cardiff/Cerdiff/Kirdif/
- Talking To Herself (In Super Robot Wars Alpha 3 with Seolla)
- We Can Rebuild Him: Unlike with Guy, this was done against her will. The first time was by BioNet, then again by Liger.
- Yumi Kakazu: Her seiyuu.
AnRyu & KouRyu / TenRyuJin
Sister machines to the Dragon Brothers (as their names suggest). Their alt-forms are a MASER truck and MLRS Launcher truck respectively.
- Call Back: TenRyuJin's "Dance of Light and Dark" is based on an attack Pasder used in Part 1, and she uses an attack called "Projectile/Bullet X Lite" to take out Puranus.
- Combining Mecha
- Guile Heroine: During TenRyuJin's "Dance of Light And Dark", she essentually waits in the shadows, taunting the opponent and misdirecting them until she can move in for the Finishing Move.
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice by Puranus
- Improbable Aiming Skills - TenRyuJin acknowledges the massive amount of computational power that would be required to make her strongest attacks work.
- Macross Missile Massacre - AnRyu carries an impressive 210 missiles.
- Mega Manning - Guess where they got the data necessary to make her strongest attacks work properly. Come on, just guess.
- Reflecting Laser - TenRyuJin's Dance of Light and Dark. Justified in that she provides the reflective surfaces.
- Running Gag - KouRyu is just like her brothers, EnRyu and RaiRyu. She's actually shown also having problems with a flight pack.
- Though in Super Robot Wars W, it's AnRyu that has the landing problems.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl - In a similar notion to their brothers, KouRyu and AnRyu have rather polarising personalities, with KouRyu being more of a tomboy whereas AnRyu is the more calm and feminine one.
- Transforming Mecha
- Yukari Tamura: Their seiyuu.
- Ayako Kawasumi - Her seiyuu.
- Back from the Dead - subverted in that the Papillon encountered on repli-Earth is actually a replicant of the real Papillon. After the destruction of Pisa Sol, she fades away with the rest of its creations.
- Shared Universe - She's originally from Betterman, or at the very least, her ability is from Betterman.
The 11 Planetary Masters of Sol
A group of programs given material form, tasked with restoring the Trinary System upon the destruction of the Z-Master. However, they too exceeded their original programming and set about creating a new universe by draining this one's dark matter, causing it to begin to collapse. They are the main anatagonists in FINAL.
- A.I. Is a Crapshoot
- Attack Its Weak Point: Their Loud G-Stone. While Pisa Sol can regenerate them after this, it seems that if it were for her, destroying this would destroy them for good. Pisa Sol can be considered one for the whole group, as destroying her took all the replica Sol Lords with her.
- Evil Cannot Comprehend Good: They fail to take the power of courage into account when facing GGG, which ultimately leads to their downfall. In fact, it's implied they fear it because it allows the G-Stone to surpass the power of their Loud G-Stones.
- Good Thing You Can Heal
- Evil Counterpart
- Healing Factor
- Psycho Rangers
- Theme Naming: Their names all begin with P. Most of them also have names based off planets.
- A God Am I
- Big Bad
- Complete Monster: as a master of chemical warfare, it comes with the territory. if the Paras Particles and using the Chemical Bolts on Guy wasn't enough. the reason Mamoru's decoy is doing what he does in Episode 2, is because Palparepa very evilly used a syringe full of Psycho Serum on poor Mamoru. (just imagine if Mamoru hadn't used a decoy...)
- Deadly Doctor
- Eye Scream: Guy finishes him by ripping the Loud G-Stone out of his eye socket.
- Kiyoyuki Yanada: His seiyuu.
- Light Is Not Good: Has a white mecha and in confrontations with GaoGaiGar is represented by God.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: He is fond of giving these to Guy. He later finds himself on the receiving end of one from Guy in the last episode.
- This Cannot Be!: His reaction to Guy breaking free of his Chemical Bolts and GGG of his Paras Particles.
Pei La Cain
- Mind Rape: Does this to Guy when Guy and Palperepa were clashing Hell and Heaven against God and Devil, causing Guy, who was matched with Palperepa at that moment, to lose concentration just long enough for him to lose the fight.
- Oh Crap: Her reaction to being Out-Gambitted.
- Opposite Gender Clone: Potentially. It's hard to tell if Abel is male or female, never see anything that designates his/her gender, and Abel is rather young, physically, compared to the rest.
- Out-Gambitted: Thought he/she had things won when Pisa Sol replicated the Sol Masters several dozen times each...playing right into the heroes' hands by draining so much of Pisa Sol's energy she had to recharge, leaving her vulnerable to the Goldion Crusher.
Abel: It appears you've lost, doesn't it?
Soldato-J: You think so?
Renais: I knew she wouldn't notice.
Abel: (Cue Oh Crap)
Percurio, P-Vater, Polturn, Puranus & Ptulone
- Blow You Away: Ptulone.
- Designated Fembot Fight: Puranus (against TenRyuJin).
- Dual-Wielding: Polturn.
- Chainsaw Evil: P-Vater.
- Katanas Are Just Better: Polturn
- Macross Missile Massacre: Puranus.
- Musical Assassin: Percurio.
- Ninja: Polturn.
- Shields Are Useless: Puranus finds this out the hard way.
- The Brute: P-Vater, before turning into a mech is visibly larger than the rest of the Sol Masters are.
- The Cracker: Polturn.
- Answer? Volfogg.